Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Mold Damage Tips:
If you suspect mold in your home, crawl space or attic, SERVPRO at Thomas, Colquitt & Grady counties has a couple tips for you. Of course, you can give us a phone call at 229-236-1902 and we can go about your mold or mildew issue as safely as possible.
1. Try and locate where the water is coming from. Mold thrives in a wet environment. Fixing leaks or any other water issues will be your number one priority.
2. Try and stay away from the mold, it could be a toxic form of mold and can cause illness.
3. If you think your HVAC system has picked up mold spores, consider having us do a thorough cleaning of them.
4. Give us a call, we can have the mold inspected and tested. We have plenty of experience and are always here to help.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (229) 236-1902
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Thomas, Colquitt & Grady Counties for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Thomas, Colquitt & Grady Counties has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities: