SERVPRO of Thomas, Colquitt & Grady Counties is Hiring for our Production Team
SERVPRO of Thomas, Colquitt & Grady Counties is currently hiring Production Technicians.
Primary Technician roles include:
- Respond to service calls as needed.
- Perform services as assigned, following SERVPRO production guidelines.
- Communicate with crew chief to make sure all customer needs are met.
- Support crew chief and other production personnel, as needed.
- Clean and maintain vehicles, equipment, warehouse, and office areas, as needed.
- Professional appearance and great attitude.
- Valid drivers license with a reasonable driving record.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check with no felony convictions or misdemeanors involving violence or theft.
- Must be able to pass a drug test.
- Because we provide a 24-hour emergency service, must be willing to be on call as needed.
- Some night and weekend work is required.
Please call 229-236-1902 for more information or email your resume to mhaymons@SERVPRO9816.com.
SERV the World by PROtecting the Environment
Are you a sucker for long showers? Is it too much of a hassle to bring reusable shopping bags to the grocery store? Today is a good day to think about your habits, and try to better yourself and the world around you.
Below are a few tips on how you can prepare:
- Leaving your car at home. Leaving your car at home twice a week can cut greenhouse gas emissions by 1,600 pounds per year.
- Refuel when its cool. Don't fill up in the heat of the day, when you are likely to spill and have fuel evaporate into the atmosphere. Also, never top of your tank, which lets extra fuel drip onto the ground.
- Invest in Energy Star Products. Is your refigerator getting old? Looking for a new washing machine? Keep an eye out for the EPA Energy Star sticker, which will save you both energy and money in the long run.
- Recycle your Electronics. Take the old cellphone or broken laptop to your local electronics recycling center.
- Be efficient with water use. Don't pre-wash dishes, time yourself in the shower, and make sure all faucets are completely off when your finished using them.
- Reuse. Instead of throwing away that empty egg carton or shopping bag, give it a second life.
- Read Labels. Try to stay away from products containing harmful chemical and dyes.
- Scoop the Poop. Make sure to dispose of waste properly, so that pet poo doesn't flow into storm drains and pollute the water.
For more earth tips, visit:
Storm Damage from Hurricane Michael
Hurricane Michael caused lots of damage and destruction to South Georgia. This photo shows the bathroom of an insured that was damaged from a tree falling on the roof and causing it to fall in. Several rooms in the home were affected because of this. SERVPRO of Thomas, Colquitt & Grady Counties was ready to roll in as soon as we received the call. In this type of situation it is very important that the insured has their roof tarped before we being mitigation, if it begins to rain more damage can be caused. After the roof tarp was in place, we could begin mitigation. All of the wet insulation had to be removed and several places of drywall had to be cut. SERVPRO of Thomas, Colquitt & Grady Counties was able to quickly get the customer ready for repairs.
Are you prepared for Hurricane Season? We have a checklist from the NOAA that will have you prepared!
- Water (one gallon per person per day)
- Food (non-perishable 3-day supply)
- Manual can opener
- Battery operated radio, preferably a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert and extra batteries
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- First aid kit/Medications
- Whistle to signal for help
- Dust masks or bandanna
- Plastic sheeting, garbage bags and duct tape
- Local maps
- Hygiene Items
- Important documents such as copies of insurance policies, identification and bank account information
- Matches in a waterproof container
Print off this list and start preparing, hurricane season is here and we never know what it might bring.
Remember SERVPRO of Thomas, Colquitt & Grady Counties is here it help and available 24-7. 229-236-1902
We are Hiring!
SERVPRO of Thomas, Colquitt & Grady Counties is hiring!
We are currently looking for an Administrative Assistant. Please read below to learn more information on the position.
Primary Role: Perform all office administrative tasks related to customer calls, job management and tracking, scheduling of jobs and customer satisfaction activities. Perform basic accounting duties relating to accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and banking. Perform general office duties such as drafting correspondence, filing and creating reports.
Results Expected: All administrative work is processed and documented accurately and timely. Customers, COIs (Center of Influence), Production Team, Marketing Reps/ Estimators and the Office Manager/Owner are communicated to in a timely and accurate manner. Customer satisfaction is maintained at a high level. Processing of accounts payable and receivables are current. All files and reports are maintained and provided as required. All administrative tasks are completed as assigned.
If you are interested in applying, please email your resume to email@example.com.
Carpet Cleaning for your Business
Your business or office space is sure to have lots of traffic in and out of it everyday. It can also be one of the first things that customers see when they walk in. You want to make a good impression on them, and having dirty carpet is not going to do that. Clean carpet will make your office stand out above the others, SERVPRO of Thomas, Colquitt & Grady Counties is here to help you achieve that.
Adding carpet cleaning to your regular maintenance schedule, is the best way to ensure your carpet stays in good shape. Carpet that is well cared for and receives regular maintenance will last much longer, saving you money. Customers will feel more comfortable in an office or business that looks well cared for.
SERVPRO of Thomas, Colquitt & Grady Counties is here to help your business look it's best! Call us to day to schedule services. 229-236-1902
What to do if you see Mold in your Thomas County Business
Do you see visible mold in your business or office space? If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Thomas, Colquitt & Grady Counties for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Thomas, Colquitt & Grady Counties specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely. It is our goal to keep any disruption in your business to a minimum.
Fire Damage in Whigam, GA
SERVPRO of Thomas, Colquitt & Grady Counties recently got a fire job in Whigam, GA. The fire starting in the bathroom and was caused by a portable heater. The fire affected every room in the home. First all of the contents needed to be removed from the home, and packed into a storage POD. Once all of the contents had been removed, SERVPRO could begin the demolition. The demolition lasted for 4 days, and the entire house had to be gutted. All of the cabinets, flooring, drywall and insulation had to be removed. Equipment was placed in the home to dry out areas that were still wet from the firemen. SERVPRO was able to wrap up the demolition and mitigation as quickly as possible, so that the customers could begin reconstruction. They were very happy with how quickly SERVPRO of Thomas, Colquitt & Grady Counties performed the clean up from their fire.
CE Class for Insurance Agents
In August we are offering a free continuing education seminar for anyone needing insurance credits. The class will be held on August 28th at the Thomasville-Thomas County Chamber of Commerce ( 401 S. Broad St., Thomasville, GA 31799). Registration starts at 12:30 PM and the class will be from 1PM-3PM. The course is on Cleaning and Restoring Smoke Damaged Contents. We have an instructor from corporate office coming down to the course. Lunch will be provided to all attendees at 12:00, before registration begins. We already have quite a few signed up. We are very excited to be offering another round of CE classes this year! The class size is limited, so please contact Mary Catherine ASAP at 229-236-1902 or mhaymons@SERVPRO9816.com to sign up.
Hurricane season is here! Running from June 1st until November 30th, it is time to start planning for the season. The NOAA has predicted a normal year for the Atlantic Ocean, with a 30%of a below normal year. They are saying 9-15 storms named with 4-8 possibly turning into hurricanes with winds greater than 74 miles per hour.NOAA says this outlook is for overall season activity and is not a landfall forecast. These forecast are very important because they help us plan for the year and get a good idea of what might be to come. It is never to early to begin to prepare for hurricane season, and what your plan of action would be in the event there is a storm threat in your area.