Fireworks are always a fun way to celebrate summer holidays, and even New Year's Day! Although fun, they can also be dangerous if proper safety measures are not taken seriously.
Memorial Day is coming up, lets talk legal firework safety!
- Never allow young children to handle fireworks and only allow older children to handle them with adult supervision
- Never use fireworks if impaired by drugs or alcohol
- Never hold lighted fireworks in your hands
- Anyone around or using fireworks should wear protective eye wear
- Never light them indoors and use them away from houses and buildings
- Never point them or throw them at people
- Never ignite them in a container
- keep a bucket of water nearby to put out fireworks that do not go out on their own, and to soak them before throwing them out
- Never use illegal fireworks
We have compiled these tips from the National Safety Council. Read more here: https://www.nsc.org/home-safety/tools-resources/seasonal-safety/summer/fireworks
Follow these steps and enjoy your firework show. Happy Memorial Day!
As always, SERVPRO of Thomas, Colquitt and Grady counties is here to help. Call us at 229-236-1902.