Make Sure to Get your Outdoor Fireplace Inspected
Don't be caught with a fireplace that malfunctions and catches fire. Many times, we get a call that a fire was caused by a fireplace, and it hasn't been inspected before use. Animal dander, hair, and other debris can get into the chimney and cause it to fail.
Another reason for a fireplace to catch fire is if the fire break is not properly installed, it can cause heat to transfer to the structure of the home, causing ignition. Pictured, an outdoor fireplace caught fire, catching the exterior wall on fire as well. Fortunately, there was no fire damage to the interior of the home, but in the home there was smoke damage and a pungent smoke odor we were able to remove with our ozone machine and thorough cleaning.